If you’ve been wanting to sell your home for some time now, or you just decided today that it’s something you need to do, you may be wondering if now is a practical time to go through with it. While the coronavirus pandemic has made an unquestionable impact on the real estate market, the answer is: yes, you can still sell your home with everything that’s going on.
Home sales have fallen, but at the same time, more prospective buyers are touring homes virtually. This leaves sellers with a unique opportunity to show their home to a larger pool of prospective buyers. Therefore, if you’ve determined that selling your home is essential right now, here is some information to get you started with the process.
Need an experienced home inspector? Bring in The Inspection Boys for quality and unbiased home inspection service! Call (800) 819-4403 or visit our website to request an inspection!
Staging the Home and Curb Appeal
As it’s always been, staging your home and curb appeal are still a foundational part of the home selling process.
- Staging your home begins with decluttering each space; start with one area, and go from there.
- You will also want to consider the furniture in each space. Do you need to rearrange, remove, or rent any pieces to add appeal to your home?
- One way to make your job easier is to hire a professional home stager who can help showcase your home in the best light.
- Make a great first impression by focusing on curb appeal.
- If you’re restoring a truck or car, make it less of an eyesore with a durable cover.
Deep Cleaning the Home
Along with staging, you’ll want to make sure your home stays impeccably clean while it’s on the market.
- To maintain your home and to keep it germ-free, use a checklist to keep it clean and healthy.
- It’s also important to make sure your carpet is thoroughly cleaned.
- Moreover, don’t neglect your home’s exterior; decluttering your lawn and shaping up your landscaping can go a long way in boosting curb appeal.
Going Through the Selling Process
Once your home is staged and you have a plan in place for keeping it clean, it’s time to explore how to showcase your home to prospective buyers.
- These days, it’s still as important as ever to work with a trusted real estate agent.
- Also, be sure to get quality listing photos, whether that means hiring a professional or doing them yourself.
- Get ahead of any potential problems by hiring The Inspection Boys to give your home a thorough and impartial inspection.
- In order to have a successful virtual showing, be sure to learn the ropes and come up with an effective strategy.
The changes brought about by the coronavirus pandemic are significant, and many of them are likely to stay in place for the foreseeable future. As a home seller, it’s essential that you roll with the punches and take advantage of a larger buyer pool. Along with staging and deep cleaning your home, be sure to learn what you can about virtual home tours so that you can effectively showcase your home and land the sale you envision.