The dog days of summer are among us and Labor Day is right around the corner, and The Inspection Boys are ready for the month of August! During this time, it is a good idea to check your home inside and out for any repairs/maintenance that needs to be done before the changing season! Some things you can check around your home is:
- Clean your gutters. Build up in your gutters can create an assortment of problems (debris can cause water to pool and collect around your homes foundation).
- Power wash your deck, walkway, patio, and other outdoor space. Power washing these spaces improves the quality of life of these surfaces. Also, clean and seal your deck.
- Inspect your roof for any damages. This should be a routinely check every month or so to ensure that your roof is stable and has no damages. Broken shingles and damaged roof flashing are indications to get your roof repaired before it is too cold to do so.
- Clean and maintain your furnace. Doing this in the warmer months is beneficial because it gives you time to do any repairs/maintenance before the colder months hit.
- Clean and organize the garage/shed. Start going through the items in your garage/shed before the Fall and see if you need any new items/materials to get the work done for the Fall.
- Maintain and continue the regular process of mowing and caring for your lawn. If you have a sprinkler system, check to see if there are any damages to the sprinkler heads and replace if needed. Also, watering in the morning is the best time to water your lawn.
- Start trimming trees and any other bushes/trees in your yard before the Fall/Winter months arrive. Doing this while the temperature is still warm will make it easier before it becomes too cold.
- Replace the weather-stripping on your external doors. Making sure your doors are sealed and insulated will keep your home more energy efficient throughout the colder months.
These are just a few things you can do to improve the quality of your home for you and your family during the month of August!