We are almost through the winter and we have been getting lucky with not a lot of snow and harsh conditions and The Inspection Boys are ready for the month of February! Although February can be very unpredictable, Spring is just around the corner! During this time, it is a good idea to check your home inside and out for any repairs/maintenance that needs to be done before Spring comes! Some things you can check around your home is:
- Spruce up the interior of your house with a new coat/color of paint
- Clean out the dryer vents. Disconnecting the duct and cleaning the vents will increase your dryer’s efficiency.
- Inspect your roof and see if there is any damaged shingles and inspect the siding of your home for any damages and replace/repair if needed.
- Start your “Spring Cleaning” early and donate any old clothes, blankets, towels, sheets, bedding, etc. to a goodwill. Your towels (in good condition) can be donated to animal shelters.
- Give the mattress a rotation. Doing this will extend the condition of the mattress.
- Tackle the bathroom for any mold, mildew buildup and give it a good cleaning. Also, it is recommended that you clean the grout.
- Clean your garbage disposal (if applicable). Food build up in the garbage disposal from the holidays will eventually lead to a backup and clogs.
- Check your fire extinguisher and show your family how to properly use it if push comes to shove. Everyone should be knowledgable in using a fire extinguisher.
- Test smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors and replace if needed.
These are just a few things you can do to improve the quality of your home for you and your family during the month of February!