The warmer weather is finally here, Summer is right around the corner and The Inspection Boys are ready for the month of June! During this time, it is a good idea to check your home inside and out for any repairs/maintenance that needs to be done! Some things you can check around your home is:
- Check your AC Units. If you are using it for the first time this season, give it a “test run” for about 30 minutes to ensure it is cooling down your home. Also, clean, change and replace the filter if necessary.
- If you have a pool, get it ready for some backyard fun! Make sure to prime your pool and check the pH levels at least once a week.
- We all know the summer means more bugs. Some ways to have these bugs keep their distance can be done by trimming down shrubs and bushes that touch your homes exterior. Also, you can use a Home Defense spray around the perimeter of your home/yard.
- Have your sprinkler system serviced for that fresh, clean, cut lawn.
- Inspect your deck/patio for any damages and repair if needed.
- To prevent a fire from wreaking havoc, take the time out to remove lint from your dryer exhaust vent. Also, this could be a good time to also check your Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Detectors.
- Want your home to look brand new on the exterior? Power wash your windows and the siding of your home which can extend the life of vinyl siding.
- Clean window wells and replace damaged windows if necessary.
- Trim branches hanging low over your roof and powerlines. The last thing anyone wants is to be without electricity/Wi-Fi during a bad rainstorm and/or thunderstorm.
These are just a few things you can do to improve the quality of your home for you and your family during the month of June!