With the weather changing sporadically, it is a good time to start preparing your yard for the Winter. If you haven’t already started, now would be the time to do so. Maintaining your yard throughout the year is key for having a luscious and “green” yard year after year. The Inspection Boys are here to give you some tips and tricks on how you can prepare your yard for the Winter to ensure a healthier yard come the Spring. Some things you can do to prepare your yard for the Winter is as follows:
- Mowing your lawn will make it easier when raking and give it more “curb appeal”.
- Aerating your lawn not only lets it breathe, but it also prepares the grass for winter dormancy.
- Preserve moisture in all trees/shrubs/bushes by wrapping burlap around them.
- Add mulch to all flowerbeds, the bases of trees in your yard and shrubs. This will protect and guard your plants against harsh and extremely cold weather conditions.
- Rake any loose leave piles that are still on the ground before snow comes. If they are not picked up, there will be a brown spot on your lawn when Spring arrives.
Being over prepared for the Winter months is always better than being under prepared. Doing what needs to be done for your lawn and yard not only makes you have peace of mind but also will make it easier when you start taking care of your lawn and yard in the Spring months. These are just a few ways to prepare your yard for the upcoming winter months!